Wednesday, November 30, 2011

2nd Grade Adventure!

Parents and Readers of this Blog:


This afternoon the refinery down the street decides to up and catch on fire again.  I had just taken our 2nd graders to Music class and was talking to the counselor when I heard the news of the fire.  I decided that we probably were going to go to "lock down" (lock doors and move kids to a hidden spot in the classroom) but, by the time I passed the 1st grade wing the intercom called out "Lock down, lock down, lock down!"  So I spent the next hour and 45 minutes with Ms Shove's 1st grade class. My class stayed with the music teacher till 2:45pm . Our kids were in very good hands and as soon it was time, I picked them up and lined them up to leave.  We did not have a chance to go to computer lab and so we are going to have our pop quiz on spelling tomorrow and I plan to emphasize practicing our definitions for Friday's test day.....

I have to admit our class behaved outstandingly during this time and I am very proud to be their teacher.....

Mr. Fierros

No comments:

Post a Comment